a little history ...
Alberdi is a leading manufacturing company in the construction market.
The variety of materials and textures make Alberdi’s products a catalog of ideas for the projection of residential and commercial settings.
Manufactures with high technology standards, taking into account new market trends and interior design, respecting the details of each collection, these are some of the elements that make our offer a benchmark for quality and originality.
Alberdi is the best choice for those who wish to decorate floors and walls with elegant and aesthetically valued surfaces.
For further information we have our Customer Service Department.
Alberdi was founded in 1907 in Rosario, Santa Fe province, Argentina.
It gained its recognition in the marketplace since its beginnings by introducing unique red tiles (cottos), defined by the raw materials used in the production process, design and durability.
These products have maintained its positioning for more than 105 years.
Its uniqueness, from the 90’s on, has been the steady growth. Investing for the country and its people, together with the collaboration of professionals from various areas, leading the process and customize the greatly valued “multitarget” product range.
It all started on 1899, when four immigrants settled in Rosario established the foundations of a small industry in 1907 is called Ceramica Alberdi s.a.
The company was created in the absence of ceramic materials in the Argentine market, in the middle stage of growth of the country, becoming, in that way in the first national company to manufacture ceramic floors.
Its history is littered with efforts and achievements based on the constant search for technological development and continuous improvement.
Successive technological contributions were creating transformations. The first was the introduction of German technology that allowed in 1946 to reach a monthly production of 30,000 m2 per month.
The following year, opens a plant in the locality of Jose C. Peace dedicated to the manufacture of tiles and bricks.
Later in 1968 the addition of dry pressing technology enables the manufacture of ceramic tiles giving a quantum leap in productive capacity.
This evolutionary process continued with the creation in 1984 in Rosario plant for the manufacture of hollow bricks.
By 1994, amending the company's corporate composition, initiating a major investment process designed to introduce technology plants and increase production capacity.
Thus began a process of rapid expansion that began in 1995 Rosario automating plants and continues with the introduction next year of a furnace for the manufacture of glazed ceramic with a production capacity of 150,000 m2 per month.
The immediate acceptance of new products, resulting in 1998 to install a second furnace expanding capacity to 500,000 m2 per month
In the year 2004 and to the market demand for more sophisticated products, installs Porcelain enameled oven with a production capacity of 300,000 m2 per month
Allowing the production of technologically quite advanced and high aesthetic value
Finally in 2008, specifically the implementation of latest technology plant in the province of Salta, for the manufacture of ceramic floors with a production capacity of 600,000 m2. The commercial success as their models, prompted in 2011 to install a second furnace production leading to 1,200,000 m2
Currently, the company's total production exceeds 24 million meters per year of ceramic floors and porcelain tiles, and 120,000 bricks TN.